I-Metrics CMS v1.13
I-Metrics CMS v1.13 was released with few enhancements primarily to support NuMetrics and other plugins with large datasets. The main difference with v1.12 is the addition of plugin code to support progressive database updates.
This release is available to download here:
Here is the main highlights for version 1.13.
1. Database Progressive Installation functions for plugins
Following the release of NuMetrics the plugin functionality changed to allow plugins to gradually import records to the database. The modifications affect the installation procedure of a plugin with large databases. Integration was done using jQuery and AJAX by using the progress bar feature.
2. Direct Content Management Word Processor Integration
The direct management introduced with v1.12 modified to include a word-processor interface on the web-front. The administrator can now edit content of text pages and collections directly with the aid of a word-processor. Only the basic functions of the word-processor are included to speed up page loading. The word-processor template was modified to match the stock template.
A PDF library is integrated with this version. It available from the back-end of the CMS. Plugins may generate PDF pages.
Other modifications include bugfixes correcting the comments plugin so the average rating is properly calculated. The fancybox code was also modified to correctly allocate the maximum width the height of the container.
Bug fixes with v1.13 will be posted in this section. Resolved issues will be included with the next release.
3. Completed enhancements, changes and bug fixes will be included with the next version of I-Metrics CMS.
- Changed Administrator Template with a modern layout and jQuery navigation enhancements.
- Added separate pages on the administrator end for each section to provide a summary of functionality along with quick navigation of pages.
- Added Meta-Tags settings for no-index no-follow for scripts.
- Added root collections core component to manage collections in a hierarchical tree structure.
- Added plugin Prerequisites to create dependencies among plugins.
- Added dynamic statistics for the content entered using jQuery
- Added CSS button layout driven by jQuery to reduce server connections and simplify design for both the admin and front ends.
- Added Page Rank control mechanism for internal pages. Removed nofollow references.
- Added jQuery transition code among images for the banners manager.
- Added language strings editing capability in a similar manner as with general text pages.
- Added option for friendly links generation with any type of server, including IIS.
- Added custom daatabase semaphore support functions.
- Enhanced the Cache HTML code to include page content file cache that significantly improves performance
- Enhanced the Direct Management plugin to identify the web-front different sections thus allowing direct editing of many more HTML elements.
- Changed friendly URLs proximity redirect algorithm to reduce database queries and do a multiple keywords links scan.
- Changed helpdesk email retrieval when on read-only mode it fetches email once only by checking the imap_status function.
- Fix for fancybox window to dynamically calculate the window width/height even if the container dimension properties are not specified.
- Fix for plugins.php script included the dot character as part of the path filter.
- Fix for messageStack where some messages were not displayed on next page load.
- Fix for the right column plugin to generate the correct URL link for collections handled.
- Basic testing with PHP 5.4 RC8 is done, no problems found thus far.
If you have a problem with I-Metrics v1.13 please leave a comment on this page.