I-Metrics CMS v1.10
The major improvement in this version is the addition of the Plugins Manager (PM) to improve website customizations, allow rapid deployment of the framework and evolve this package to be modular and more dynamic. To the developer the core functionality remains identical as with earlier releases, in other words allowing him to perform customizations directly into the core code. But there is the option of using the integrated plugin system and develop modules which can instantly deployed into websites.
Plugins can be installed, uninstalled, completely removed and configured using their own database space. They can also be fully automated or operate using a custom flow, interact with other plugins and use the core functions and database as every other component of this CMS.
Among the included plugins with this first release of the PM, a demo message, a right-column driver for the stock template, an administration history and a voting system which is associated with content collections and independent text pages. Configuration options are linked to each plugin automatically during installation.
Versions 1.04 - 1.09 were skipped due to the multiple core changes in the system to accommodate the PM. Other modifications with v1.10 include:
- Stylesheet changes to optimize the use of common names and css properties throughout the templates.
- Simplification of the session cookies
- Changes to the links generation function ordering parameters in the same manner
- Differentiation of content types on the administration end using a different color for each content type
- Filtering of content types
- Stock drop down menu modifications to include image collections
- Optimized CSS and HTML code, fixed HTML errors
This release is available to download here:
Bug fixes regarding this release will be posted in this section
Enhancements planned for next version:
- Moving the comments section into a plugin and expanding the comments into different content types, adding options to include comments for each page
- Adding a form generator plugin with a general purpose and 3 separate levels of description/selection
- Integrating pkzip decompression routines for the plugins to optionally be compressed before the installation process
- Adding new hook points during plugins run-time right after session initialization and following page content display for text page, text collections and image collections.