Creating New Web Pages
The I-Metrics CMS has advanced features listing text pages. As an administrator, before you create a new text page, you need to access the Text Pages List located on the left hand side of the administration menu under the Site Content section. The following image displays the administration features listing the text pages. In it, notice the new button is located on the top-right position of the page. Click on it in order to start the creation of a new document.
- Access the web page editing system either from the administrator root or from the Site Content->Text Pages-> (New Button), see picture above.
- Using the page radio switches set the Status to enabled, Sub-Page to Disabled. If you want your visitors to enter comments to the new page set the Comments radio switch to Enabled.
- Using the calendar select the creation date for the page.
- Populate the Title and Description areas
- In the marketing section setup the SEO name to be the same as the Title name. This will generate a link that it's easy to remember.
- Make the META Title to be the same as the Title Name. The META Title is the title that appears on the caption of a browser when this page is accessed
- Enter the main phrases of the page to assist search engines identifying the purpose of the page.
- Enter a short description max 200 characters that represents a summary of this page. This short description may appear with the search engine listings as people search the internet for similar content.
If you leave the marketing section blank it may automatically populated subject to the type of the text page. Text pages with the sub-page status enabled are part of a script and not a full page (scripts are not pages). For example the home page is a script that may contain one or more text pages, image or text collections, various modules to promote specific content etc. In this case the marketing section is controlled separately. Disabled text pages are not displayed on the website but the enable/disable switch only applies to full text pages. Sub-pages cannot accept comments or being displayed directly. Another mechanism must be in place to display the content of a sub-page.
Typically you create full pages for your website to expose content. Finally you must assign the new page into a text collection so it will be grouped in a section for the website front which is explained with the next tutorial.
Become familiar using the I-Metrics CMS by following these basic tutorials. Step by step instructions to configure, modify and enhance the I-Metrics CMS