Configuring the helpdesk
If you need to receive emails within your website, I-Metrics CMS includes a comprehensive helpdesk to manage e-mails from within your website. In order to receive e-mails you have to configure the Helpdesk. E-Mail accounts and login details entered in the helpdesk module must be valid. Here are the basic steps to do the helpdesk configuration:
- Goto your admin->Configuration->Helpdesk
- Edit the switch called POP3/IMAP/NNTP server
- Setup the mail server mail.example.com:110
where example.com must be replaced with your own domain. This simple configuration modification is compatible with many host environments. If you are having trouble receiving emails you may have to check your host's documentation. The protocol specification switch may need to be configured differently. Once you complete the basic configuration you can setup the helpdesk departments. Follow these steps to configure them:
- Goto your admin->Helpdesk->Departments
- Create or edit the default deparment so the email and password are correct.
- When you create or edit a department set the Name and the E-Mail Address to be the same.
Finally to test if the helpdesk receives messages goto your admin->Helpdesk->Retrieve E-Mail
If everything is configured properly you should retrieve e-mails for the departments you setup. Errors will show up as login failures in which case you should check the following:
- Helpdesk Configuration (admin->configuration->helpdesk)
- Helpdesk Departments (admin->helpdesk->departments)
- E-Mail Configuration Options (admin->Configuration->E-Mail
Become familiar using the I-Metrics CMS by following these basic tutorials. Step by step instructions to configure, modify and enhance the I-Metrics CMS